Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Aguas Termales Del Bosque

Briana and I had this one on our list the day we went shopping at Sarchi.  But finding the right rocking chairs at the right price took its toll so we headed back to the villa instead.  I went yesterday afternoon and the closer I got to Aguas Termales Del Bosque (Hot Springs of the Forest) the harder it rained.

Costa Ricans go to this hotel and hot springs--it's way off the beaten tourist track.  And the springs aren't just a few steps into the forest/jungle (think Jurassic Park) they are about a quarter mile via patented concrete block walkway.  It offers great traction even in the pouring rain.

I went but I didn't stay long.  Toy folding umbrella enabled strategic dry spots on my clothes and day bag.  Still... a beautiful location.  The sound of the river flowing over the rocks is one of Nature's sweetest and most soothing sounds.  I dressed and had a quick cerveza Imperial before making my way back out of the forest to the parking lot.  As I reached the top of the stairs out came the sun.

Pura vida!

No comments:

Post a Comment