Monday, June 20, 2011

La Fortuna Waterfall


We're having sunny weather one day, cloudy and rainy the next.  Not bad I adjust my plans accordingly.  And I always take a ZipLoc baggie for the cameras.


Yesterday I took a short trip to the Catarata La Fortuna.  It's 30-40 minutes away on mostly good roads.  It was one of the sunny days so the short hike down steep stairs and back up after spending some time viewing the bottom of the falls was challenging.  Lots of tourists in evidence, but not too crowded.  A few people braved the climb over the rocks to swim in the pool but I didn't do that.  Rocks were slippery--I saw one woman take a fall trying to get down into the pool.


Here's a shot of me at the viewing point for the falls:


After climbing up the stairs to the parking lot the AC in the car felt really good.  I was sweaty and it was really hot so I decided to return to the villa without spending any time in La Fortuna, the jumping-off spot for lots of activities near the Arenal volcano.  


Took a swim, made some lunch (avocado sandwich and chips) and tuned in the last of the US Open on the satellite TV.  Saturday was the first time in the time I've been here that I turned on the TV.


I'm taking a low-key approach to activities this week since Briana and I were so active last week. I have a boat trip planned to the Caño Negro wildlife refuge for tomorrow, probably just a trip to the grocery store in La Florencia today, reading books on the Kindle, swimming in the pool, checking the jacuzzi for temp (so far it's been too hot or not hot enough).


Without a doubt, though, everything here is Pura Vida!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful waterfall! Glad you are taking it easy after last week, which was an amazing round of intense activities causing me to take a nap after reading. :)

    ReplyDelete