Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Making a List, Checking It Twice

I won't bore you with lists of the stuff I'm taking with me on the trip.  I have three lists:  clothes, gear and miscellaneous.  I've created a Gear page and there's a link to it in the sidebar.

To be blog-enabled I have to have a computer.  I'm taking along an MSI Wind U-100 that I used successfully last year in the UK and in Paris.

I want to credit the podcasts produced by Radio LIngua of Scotland for helping me dust off my Spanish.  Coffee Break Spanish and Show Time Spanish are both excellent.  I listened to the free podcasts of Coffee Break then subscribed to a Gold Membership for the first season of Show Time to get notes and bonus podcasts.  The lessons are well done and it's a hoot to listen to the Scottish accents during the English explanations (lots of info on Spanish "vairbs".  The professor, Mark, studied languages in school and has put together courses in Spanish, French and Italian.  I highly recommend them.

Okay, enough preliminaries.  Next post will be from Costa Rica... pura vida!

No comments:

Post a Comment